Multiple Choice Questions - Rocks and Minerals
1. Which one among the following rocks does not belong to the same group?
2. The Deccan Trap Formation was caused by
3. In which among the following terrains the bore wells and canals can be dug easily?
4. The Damuda series of Gondwana system has three stages, namely, Raniganj, Barren Rocks and Barakar. The middle stage is called Barren because
5. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
6. Which one among the following is a primary rock?
7. Which of the following statements regarding the Deccan Trap is/are correct?
8. Consider the following statements about rocks:
Which of statements given above is/are correct?
9. Which one of the following is generally found in sedimentary rocks?
10. The earth’s crust is the thinnest
11. Which of these is not responsible for the formation of igneous rock?
12. Which of the following rocks is different from others?
13. Magma that cools slowly beneath the earth's surface produces
14. Igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks are usually composed of
15. Which process is necessary for the formation of igneous rocks?
16. Which characteristic of rocks tends to increase as the rocks are metamorphosed?
17. In which type of rock would you expect to find fossils?