Multiple Choice Questions - Indian Railways
1. When was the first train steamed off in India?
2. Which of the following is the headquarters of the newly established railway zone ‘East Coast Railways’?
3. Which train in India has the longest route length?
4. Where is the Railway Staff College located?
5. On which of the following is the longest railway bridge in India located?
6. In which of the following cities are located 3 zonal headquarters of Indian Railways?
7. Who of the following is known for having designed the first railway timetables?
8. Which of the following is the largest railway junction in India?
9. Which of the following is the eastern-most division of the Indian Railways?
10. Over which of the following rivers is the world's highest railway bridge in Kashmir being constructed?
11. Gorakhpur which has the longest railway platform in the world is located in which of the following states?
12. Which of the following stations has all the three guages viz. broad, metre and narrow?
13. What is the width of broad guage railway line in India?
14. Match the manufacturing units with their locations
15. Which of the following stations was formerly known as Victoria Terminus?
16. Fairy Queen, the world's oldest steam locomotive in regular operation, plies between New Delhi and -
17. Who of the following was the first Railway Minister of independent India?
18. Shatabdi Express trains were introduced in 1989 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of which of the following personalities?
19. Who was the Governor General of India when Railways were first introduced in India?
20. In which city is the Wheel and Axle Plant of the Indian Railways located?
21. What is the rank of India in the world in terms of length of railroad network?
22. Which of the following ran the first train from Bori Bunder to Thane in 1853?
23. The Maitree Express connects India with which of the following countries?
24. Which of the following is the largest zone in terms of route kilometers?
25. Which of the following is the largest marshalling yard in India (also the longest in Asia)?
26. Through which of the following group of states does the Konkan Railways run?
27. Which of the following zonal headquarters - city combination is incorrect?
Facts about Indian Railways
Railway Training & Manufacturing Units
Zones of Indian Railways