1. Trees are leafless for a shorter or longer season of the year in
Scrub Jungle forest
2. Oxygen liberated during photosynthesis is coming from
Break down of chlorophyll
3. Stilt roots are found in -
4. With which one of the following is Dalbergia species associated?
5. Which one of the following parts of the pitcher plant becomes modified into a pitcher?
6. The age of a tree can be determined more or less accurately by
finding the ratio of height to the width of the tree
counting the number of rings in the trunk
measuring the height of the tree
measuring the diameter of the trunk
7. What type of roots are the hanging structures in a banyan tree?
8. Fruits of this plant are found underground -
9. Which one of the following areas is noted for mangrove vegetation?
Lava forest of Kalimpong
Sajnekhali forest of South 24 Parganas
Dandakaranya forest of Orissa
Corbet National Park of U. P.
10. Which of the following is the tallest perennial grass?
11. Which of the following is not a root?
12. Cotton fibre is obtained from which part of the plant?
13. Certain parts of a plant can be bent easily without breaking. This flexibility in certain parts, like leaf and stem, can be attributed to the abundance of
xylem and phloem
Answer (b).Parenchyma provides support to the plant and also stores food. Sclerenchyma makes the plant hard and stiff. Xylem and Phloem are conducting tissues which allow transport of water, minerals and food.
14. Which of the following is not a micronutrient for a plant?