Multiple Choice Questions - Nutrition
1. Which one among the following elements/ions is essential in small quantities for development of healthy teeth but causes mottling of the teeth if consumed in higher quantities?
2. Among the given nutrients milk is a poor source of
3. Which one of the following is essential for preventing dental caries?
4. The vitamin necessary for coagulation of blood is
5. Which one among the following minerals is essential for the transmission of nerve impulses in the nerve fibres of human body?
6. Which one of the following mineral elements is required for muscle contraction?
7. Besides carbohydrates, a major source of energy in our food is constituted by
8. Which of the following cannot be a part of a vegan diet?
9. Which of the following is not an artificial sweetener?
10. Which of the following food constituents is not digested but is still important for us?
11. A person suffering from high blood pressure should avoid foods which are rich in
12. Which of the following is considered a complete protein food?
13. Which of the following nutrients is needed for a healthy immune system?
14. Which of the following is a rich source of Omega-3 oils?
15. Recently a compound Sulforaphane has been discovered to offer protection against cancer. In which of the following can it be found?
16. Which of the following is a water-soluble vitamin and hence is required to be taken everyday?
17. Which of the following works with calcium to build strong bones
18. Which of the following is considered an easily digestible source of protein?
19. Washing of peeled vegetables removes the vitamin?
20. Which of the following metals is a constituent of Vitamin B12?
21. Milk, cheese and eggs are the sources of
22. Piperine is a compound found in
23. Consider the following statements:
Which of the statements given above is / are correct ?
24. Which of the following has the highest calorific value ?
25. Sweetex used by the diabetic patients has energy content of -
26. Which of the following food items is rich in iron ?
27. Which of the following is also sometimes referred to as Vitamin H?
28. Which of the following contains lauric acid which is used treat certain infections and also in the manufacture of soaps?
29. Pulses are a good source of -