1. Of all micro-organisms, the most adaptable and versatile are -
2. Mycology is the study of –
3. The shape of coccus bacteria is generally –
4. Viruses that infect bacteria are called –
5. Baltimore system is used to classify –
6. Spirogyra is a type of
7. A lichen is a composite organism consisting of –
8. Which of these is an autotroph?
9. Rhizobium, the organism found in root nodules of legumes are –
10. Organisms which take in nutrients from dead and decaying matter are called –
11. The shape of Bacillus bacteria is generally –
12. Who discovered the process of fermentation?
13. What is shape of an amoeba?
14. Rhizobium bacteria are present in the _____ of leguminous plants.
15. Which of these is a saprotroph?
16. Prokaryotes do not have –
17. Which of the following does not have the capacity to reproduce outside the host cell?
18. What type of microorganism is yeast which is used in many food preparations?
19. Pencillium from which an antibiotic is obtained is a type of –
20. The sole members of kingdom Monera are –
21. Litmus used as an indicator for acids and bases is extracted from –
22. To which one of the following types of organism do mushrooms belong?