1. Which of the following is the fastest process of heat transfer?
2. The factors directly proportional to the amount of heat conducted through a metal rod are -
3. 1 gm of ice at 0° C is mixed with 1 gm of steam at 100° C. After thermal equilibrium, the temperature of the mixture is
4. What would be the thermal resistance of an ideal conductor?
5. Why does the bottom of a lake not freeze in severe winter even when the surface is all frozen?
6. A cooking pot is coated black because -
7. Specific heat is -
8. How will a metal container full of hot water in vaccum lose heat?
9. A block of ice
10. As a solid undergoes a phase change to a liquid state, it
11. A cup of hot tea on a metal table in a room loses heat by
12. Which among the following is true of a sphere, a cube and circular plate of same material and same mass heated to same temperature?
13. At what temperature are the Celsius and Fahrenheit equal?
14. What would happen to a hole in a metal sheet when the sheet is heated?
15. Which of the following is equivalent of a calorie?
16. In which of the following processes of heat transfer no medium is required?
17. In which of the following processes is heat transferred directly from molecule to molecule?
18. When a solid, liquid, or a gas changes from one physical state to another, the change is called
19. The surface which radiates more heat at a given temperature is
20. Compared to warm air, cool air can hold
21. The change of state directly from solid to gas is called
22. Which of the following is used for measurement of high temperatures?
23. If boiling water is taken to the dark side of the moon it will
24. Which two liquids are used in the construction of minimum and maximum thermometers?
25. Which one among the following statements about thermal conductivity is correct?
26. A hot object loses heat to its surroundings in the form of heat radiation. The rate of loss of heat depends on the
27. Body A of mass 2 kg and another body B of mass 4 kg and of same material are kept in the same sunshine for some interval of time. If the rise in temperature is equal for both the bodies, then which one among the following in this regard is correct?
28. A glass of water does not turn into ice as it reaches 0° C. It is because
29. Thermometer A and B have ice points marked at 15° and 25° and steam points at 75° and 125° respectively. When thermometer A measures the temperature of a bath as 60° the reading of B for the same bath is
30. Which one among the following waves are called waves of heat energy?
31. In a pressure cooker cooking is faster because the increase in vapour pressure
32. If a heater coil is cut into two equal parts and only one part is used in the heater, the heat generated will be:
33. The best and the poorest conductors of heat are respectively
34. Which one of the following is the mode of heat transfer in which warm material is transported so as to displace a cooler material?
35. Which one among the following denotes the smallest temperature?
36. Which among the following thermometers is preferred for measuring temperature around 1250° C?