1. Carbon dioxide is called a greenhouse gas because
2. What is the major role of a greenhouse gas that contributes to temperature rise of the earth’s surface?
3. Consider the following statements:
Which of the statements given above are correct?
4. Which among the following nontoxic gases helps in formation of enzymes which ripen fruit?
5. Which one among the following is strong smelling agent added to LPG cylinder to help in the detection of gas leakage?
6. Which of the following statements regarding ozone layer within the atmosphere is/are correct?
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
7. The major component in LPG is
8. The vertical movement of air is termed as
9. Which of the following is not a method of preparing oxygen?
10. Oxygen and ozone are
11. Ozone layer is present in
12. Which is the lowest layer of the atmosphere ?
13. Which one of the following is a major constituent of Biogas?
14. Sea breeze is formed during
15. The Refrigerant 'FREON' is
16. Now a days, Yellow lamps are frequently used as street lights. Which among the following gases, is used in these lamps?
17. The atmospheric air is held to the earth by
18. The Noble Gas used for the treatment of cancer is ___?
19. The optimum dissolved oxygen level (in mg/litre) required for survival of aquatic organisms is
20. Troposphere is the hottest part of the atmosphere because
21. The gas which turns limewater milky is
22. Which of the following is the lightest gas?
23. Hydrogen is not found in atmosphere because
24. The gas used for filling weather balloons is
25. What is the chemical name of Laughing Gas?
26. The coloured discharge tubes for advertisement mainly contain
27. Which one of the following noble gases is not found in the atmosphere (negligible quantity)?
28. For respiration in deep sea, divers use mixture of
29. Gases used to prepare Ammonia gas are
30. Which one of the following gases is opaque to outgoing terrestial radiation but transparent to incoming solar radiation?
31. In oxygen, things :
32. Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) consists of mainly :
33. The gas produced by pouring water on calcium carbide is :
34. Which of the following gases is considered a better substitute to air in car tyres?
35. Which of the following noble gases is most abundant in Earth's atmosphere?