Topicwise Questions - Freedom Struggle
1. The idea of Pakistan was first conceived by
- Muhammad Iqbal
- M. A. Jinnah
- Shaukar Ali
- Aga Khan
2. Mappila rebellion is associated with which of the following states?
3. Kuka Movement is associated with which of the following states?
4. Which of the following movements immediately followed the partition of Bengal?
- Non-cooperation Movement
- Swadeshi Movement
- Civil Disobedience Movement
- Ghadar Movement
5. The Rowlatt Act was passed in the year
6. Who was the first Indian native ruler to accept the system of Subsidiary Alliance?
- Scindia of Gwalior
- Nizam of Hyderabad
- Dalip Singh of Punjab
- Gaikwad of Baroda
7. With reference to the Indian freedom struggle, which one of the following is the correct chronological order of the given events?
- Partition of Bengal - Lucknow Pact - Surat split of congress
- Partition of Bengal - Surat split of congress - Lucknow Pact
- Surat split of Congress - Partition of Bengal - Lucknow Pact
- Surat split of congress - Lucknow Pact - Partition of Bengal
8. Who said The Simon Commission Report should be thrown on a heap of rubbish?
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Shivaswami Ayyar
- Mohammad Ali jinnah
- Jawaharlal Nehru
9. Which day was declared as the Direct Action Day by the Muslim League?
- 3rd September 1946
- 16th August 1946
- 16th May 1946
- 4th December 1946
10. For which community were seats reserved by the Morley-Minto reforms?
11. Who among the following Europeans were the last to come to pre-independence India as traders?
12. Which one of the following aroused a wave of popular indignation that led to the massacre by the British at Jallianwala Bagh?
- The Arms Act
- The Public Safety Act
- The Rowlatt Act
- The Vernacular Press Act
13. The Simon Commission was boycotted by the Indians because -
- it sought to curb civil liberties of the Indians
- it proposed to partition India
- it was an all-white commission without Indian representation
- it proposed measures to contain nationalism
14. Which one of the following was the first fort constructed by the British in India?
- Fort William
- Fort St. George
- Fort St. David
- Fort St. Angelo
15. When did Governor-General’s rule end in India?
- 15th August 1947
- 9th August 1948
- 26th January 1950
- 2nd October 1950
16. 6th April, 1930 is well known in the history of India because this date is associated with -
- Dandi March by Mahatma
- Quit India Movement
- Partition of Bengal
- Partition of India
17. The first attempt to introduce a representative and popular element in the governance of India was made through -
- Indian Council Act, 1861
- Indian Council Act, 1892
- Indian Council Act, 1909
- Government of India Act, 1919
18. The system of communal electorate in India was first introduced by the -
- Indian Council Act of 1892
- Minto-Morley Reforms of 1909
- Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms of 1919
- Government of India Act of 1935
19. In which year was English recommended as the medium of instruction for higher education in India by Lord Macaulay?
20. Which battle established the supremacy of the British rule in India?
- Battle of Plassey, 1757
- Battle of Buxar, 1764
- 3rd Mysore war, 1790-92
- 4th Mysore war 1799
21. With which of the following is the comment ‘no vakil, no appeal, no dalil’ associated?
- The Communal Award, 1932
- The Simon Commission, 1928
- The Rowlatt Act, 1919
- The Vemacular Press Act, 1878
22. The Muslim League demanded a separate state for the Muslims in the year :
23. Mumbai was taken by the English East India company from :
- The Portuguese
- The Dutch
- Charles 1
- Charles 2
24. The Indian Councils Act of 1909 is also known as
- The Montagu Declaration
- The Montagu – Chelmsford Reforms
- The Morley- Minto Reforms
- The Rowlatt Act