1. The idea of Pakistan was first conceived by
2. Mappila rebellion is associated with which of the following states?
3. Kuka Movement is associated with which of the following states?
4. Which of the following movements immediately followed the partition of Bengal?
5. The Rowlatt Act was passed in the year
6. Who was the first Indian native ruler to accept the system of Subsidiary Alliance?
7. With reference to the Indian freedom struggle, which one of the following is the correct chronological order of the given events?
8. Who said The Simon Commission Report should be thrown on a heap of rubbish?
9. Which day was declared as the Direct Action Day by the Muslim League?
10. For which community were seats reserved by the Morley-Minto reforms?
11. Who among the following Europeans were the last to come to pre-independence India as traders?
12. Which one of the following aroused a wave of popular indignation that led to the massacre by the British at Jallianwala Bagh?
13. The Simon Commission was boycotted by the Indians because -
14. Which one of the following was the first fort constructed by the British in India?
15. When did Governor-General’s rule end in India?
16. 6th April, 1930 is well known in the history of India because this date is associated with -
17. The first attempt to introduce a representative and popular element in the governance of India was made through -
18. The system of communal electorate in India was first introduced by the -
19. In which year was English recommended as the medium of instruction for higher education in India by Lord Macaulay?
20. Which battle established the supremacy of the British rule in India?
21. With which of the following is the comment ‘no vakil, no appeal, no dalil’ associated?
22. The Muslim League demanded a separate state for the Muslims in the year :
23. Mumbai was taken by the English East India company from :
24. The Indian Councils Act of 1909 is also known as
25. Swadeshi Movement started in India during :
26. Which of the following was NOT the outcome of Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
27. ‘Khilafat Movement’ subsided because of :
28. Which party was in power in the U. K. when India became independent?
29. The interim Government at the centre was formed in 1946 :
30. Who was the Prime Minister of U. K. at the time of India’s independence?
31. The Khilafat Movement was started by :
32. The provision for separate electorate for Hindus and Muslims was made in :
33. The British introduced provincial autonomy in India through :
34. The famous Pakistan resolution was passed at :
35. In which session did the Indian National Congress declare Poorna Swaraj (Complete Independence) to be its goal?
36. Which important event immediately preceded the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
37. The Hunter Commission was appointed by the British to probe the :
38. Who once remarked, "Nehru is a patriot while Jinnah is a politician?"
39. Which act was known as ‘Black-Bill’?