Multiple Choice Questions - Freedom Fighters
1. Who of the following was considered by the British to be The Father of Indian Unrest?
2. Who succeeded Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel as the 2nd Home minister of India?
3. Gyan Prasarak Mandali, an organization dedicated to the education of the adult was formed by –
4. In which language was Kesari, a newspaper started by Bal Gangadhar Tilak published?
5. Hitavada, the newspaper started by Gopal Krishna Gokhale in 1911 was initially published from –
6. Do or Die was one of the most powerful slogans of India’s freedom struggle. Who gave it?
7. Dadabhai Naoroji was the first Indian to be appointed as a Professor at Elphinstone College in
8. Who founded the Deccan Education Society to impart teachings about India culture to India’s youth?
9. Which of the following newspapers was started by Motilal Nehru in 1919?
10. Three of the following were awarded the Bharat Ratna in the same year. Who was awarded much later?
11. In which year was the Banaras Hindu University established by Pt Madan Mohan Malviya?
12. Who was the chairman of All Parties Conference which put up a draft constitution recommending full dominion status for India?
13. In 1923, who of the following became the youngest person to be elected the President of the Indian National Congress?
14. Who was elected the first President of All India Trade Union Congress in 1920?
15. In 1905, who founded the Servants of India Society, aimed at promoting education, sanitation, health care as well as fighting social evils?
16. Lala Lajpat Rai died as a result of injuries during the protest against the visit of –
17. Match the parties with their founders
18. Who was one of the main organizers of the Dharasana Satyagraha in 1931, which was a non-violent raid on Dharasana Salt Works?
19. From which place did Madan Mohan Malaviya publish his famous newspaper The Leader?
20. Whose death coincided with the launch of the Non-cooperation Movement in 1920?
21. After the Bardoli Satyagraha, the title of ‘Sardar’ to Vallabhbhai Patel was given by
22. With which of the following leaders is Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel equated?
23. Aruna Asaf Ali was associated with which one of the following?
24. The Home Rule League was started by
25. Who of the following leaders was popularly known as Lokhitwadi?
26. Who among the following formed a party named as ‘Forward Bloc’?
27. Who was the first Indian lady to preside over the Congress?
28. Who said "You give me blood, I will give you freedom"?
29. One time associate of Mahatma Gandhi, broke off from him and launched a radical movement called ‘self-respect movement’ Who was he?
MCQs on British Governor Generals
MCQs on First War of Indian Independence
MCQs on Places during Freedom Struggle
MCQs on Indian Revolutionaries
GK - British Governor Generals
GK - Mahatma Gandhi