Set of General Knowledge Questions on Economics and Indian Economy
27. During periods of inflations, tax rates should
28. Which is the biggest tax paying sector in India?
29. Economics is what it ought to be. This statement refers to
30. The excess of price a person is to pay rather than forego the consumption of the commodity is called
31. A want becomes a demand only when it is backed by the
32. The 'break-even' point is where
33. Rate of interest is determined by
34. The purchase of shares and bonds of Indian companies by Foreign Institutional Investors is called?
35. An individual’s actual standard of living can be assessed by
36. When there is an official change in the exchange rate of domestic currency, then it is called
37. Inflation redistributes income and wealth in favour of
38. The fringe benefit tax was introduced in the budget of
39. Excise Duty is a tax levied on :
40. Who coined the term "Hindu rate of growth for Indian economy"?
41. Which one of the following is NOT an example of indirect tax?
42. The major aim of devaluation is to -
43. Interest on public debt is a part of -
44. Structural unemployment arises due to -
45. Which of the following is not a necessary condition for the development of India?
46. Personal disposable income is -
47. Which of the following most closely approximates our definition of oligopoly?
48. Who said ‘Supply creates its own demand’?
49. The Indian economy can be most appropriately described as a -
50. Indirect tax means -
51. One of the essential conditions of perfect competition is -
52. An essential attribute of Inflation is :
53. National income of a country is based on :
54. Liquidity Preference Theory of Interest was propounded by
Also see G.K. Questions on Banking
Also see G.K. Questions on Marketing