1. Due to contraction of eyeball, a long-sighted eye can see only
2. Which one among the following is not correct about Down’s syndrome?
3. Insects that can transmit diseases to human are referred to as
4. Which of the following diseases are transmitted from one person to another?
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
5. One of the occupational health hazards commonly faced by the workers of ceramics, pottery and glass industry is
6. The anti-malarial drug Quinine is made from a plant. The plant is
7. To suspect HIV/AIDS in a young individual, which one among the following symptoms is mostly associated with?
8. Hypertension is the term used for
9. Acute lead poisoning is also known as
10. Oral Rehydration Therapy is recommended for
11. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists
|List I |
|List II |
|A. AIDS||1. Widal test|
|B. Plague||2. Wayson stain test|
|C. Typhoid||3. ELISA test|
4. Mantoux test
12. In the context of genetic disorders, consider the following:
A woman suffers from colour blindness while her husband does not suffer from it. They have a son and a daughter. In this context, which one of the following statements is most probably correct?
13. Which one of the following diseases is caused by a protozoan?
14. Which of the following disease is not transmitted by Aedes aegypti?
15. The first effective vaccine against polio was prepared by
16. Minamata disease was caused by
17. Which one of the following kinds of organims causes malaria?
18. Which of the following diseases is not caused by viruses?
19. If the lens in eye becomes opaque, the disease is called :
20. The toxicity of which of the following heavy metals leads to liver cirrhosis?
21. Typhoid is caused by
22. BCG immunization is for
23. Which one of the following diseases is caused by virus?
24. Malaria in human body is caused by which one of the following organisms?
25. Ringworm is a ......... disease.