Multiple Choice Questions - Chemicals
1. Which of the following acids is contained in the sting of bees and wasps
2. The enzyme that converts glucose to ethyl alcohol is -
3. A ‘breath test’ used by traffic police to check drunken driving uses ----
4. Which of the following is the chief constituent of vinegar?
5. Which of the following acids is used in a car battery?
6. Leakage of which of the following gases caused the Bhopal gas tragedy?
7. Formalin is generally used as an
8. Which of the following chemicals is added to LPG to give out a strong smell?
9. The sour taste of curd is due to the presence of which of the following constituents?
10. Which of the following chemicals used in photography is also known as hypo?
11. Phenyl, commonly used in toilets is closely related to -
12. The natural dye present in turmeric is known as
13. Which one of the following elements is used in the manufacture of fertilizers?
14. Which one of the following is used to induce artificial rain?
15. Nail polish remover contains
16. By what name is Acetylsalicylic Acid better known?
17. What is the role of catalyst in a chemical reaction?
18. What is the mixture of potassium nitrate, powdered charcoal and sulphur called?
19. When iron is left exposed in open air, it gets rusted. Which constituents(s) of air is/are responsible for rusting iron?
Select the correct answer using the code given below
20. Which one of the following is extensively used for sterilizing water?
21. Which one among the following substances evolves heat when dissolved in water?
22. Heavy Water implies
23. When water itself combines chemically with some element of mineral it is called
24. KMnO4 can be used as a/an
25. Which chemical was an important symbol in India's struggle for freedom?
26. Dead organs are generally stored in formalin. Formalin is -
27. Contact lenses are made from
28. Which one of the following chemicals is used in beauty parlours for hair-setting?
29. Alum is used as
30. The rancid smell of spoilt dairy products is due to the liberation of
31. Which of the following was known as Aqua Fortis in ancient times?
32. Cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine is popularly known as -
33. Which was the first organic compound to be synthesised from inorganic ingredients?
34. Which of the following has been found to contain anandamide, a neurotransmitter molecule (also known as molecule of extreme pleasure)?
35. Cyanide poisoning causes death in seconds because
36. Photochemical Smog is a resultant of the reaction among
37. The soft silvery metallic element which ionizes easily when heated or exposed to light and is present in atomic clocks is :