Multiple Choice Questions - Oceans, Seas and Water Bodies
1. Tides in the sea are caused by
2. Which of the following oceans is between Africa and Australia?
3. The canal joining Baltic Sea to North Sea is
4. Which of the following is the smallest ocean of the world?
5. Through which one of the following Straits, does a tunnel connect the United Kingdom and France?
6. Which one of the following countries is planning to construct a rival to the Panama Canal to link the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans?
7. Sargasso Sea is a part of :
8. The Suez Canal connects -
9. The sea bed sloping gradually and bordering the continent is known as -
10. The oceans cover ______ of the surface of the earth.
11. Bosphorus Strait links :
12. Which of the following countries does not have a coastline with Arabian Sea?
13. Suez Canal was nationalized in the year :
14. The land near which of the following is considered the lowest point on land on earth?
15. Which of the following is referred to as Pirates' Alley because of increased number of pirate activities in it?
16. Where is the deepest part of world's ocean located?
17. Which of the following oceans has the most coral reefs?
18. Which of the following oceans holds almost 50% of total water on the planet?
19. Match the seas with the coastal countries?
20. Which of the following oceans has the most trenches or deeps?
21. A shallow body of water protected from a larger body of water (usually the ocean) by sandbars, barrier islands, or coral reefs is called -
22. The much-in-news Guantanamo Bay is located in which of the following countries?
23. Which country has the longest coastline in the world?
24. Which is the largest gulf in the world?
25. The busiest ocean from the point of view of trade is