Multiple Choice Questions - Constituencies in India
1. Next to Uttar Pradesh, which of the following States has the highest number of seats in the Lok Sabha?
2. How many members are nominated by the President of India to the Lok Sabha?
3. Which schedule to the Constitution of India details the allocation of seats in the Rajya Sabha per State/Union Territory?
4. As per the Constitution of India, the maximum permissible strength of the House of the People or the Lok Sabha is
5. Which of the following States does not have a Legislative Council?
6. How many union Territories have a representation in the Rajya Sabha?
7. Which of the following States has more than 1 Member of Parliament in the Lok Sabha?
8. Which of the following ‘State – Number of lok Sabha MPs’, combination is incorrect?
9. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
10. What is the maximum permissible strength of the Legislative Assembly of a State?
11. How many States in India are bi-cameral in their governance structure?
12. As per the Constitution of India the Legislative Assembly should not consist of less than 60 members, but in practice which of the following states have less than 60 members?
1. Sikkim 2. Mizoram 3. Goa 4. Manipur
13. As per the Constitution, the maximum permissible number of MPs who may represent the Union Territories in the Lok Sabha is -
14. As per the Constitution, the strength of the Legislative Council is not to exceed _____ of the strength of the Legislative Assembly.
15. What is the minimum strength prescribed for Legislative Councils of States?