Multiple Choice Questions - Metals and Alloys
26. Bauxite is an ore of which of the following metals?
27. Minamata disease is caused by the poisoning effect of -
28. Which of the following metals is often found in the pure state?
29. Which of the following metals is extracted from haematite?
30. Stainless steel is an alloy of -
31. Which of the following is a naturally occurring alloy of gold and silver?
32. Cisplatin, a cancer drug is a compound of which of the following metals?
33. Zinc is not present in
34. Which one of the following is the most malleable metal?
35. Which of the following is known as the metal of future?
36. Cinnabar is an ore of
37. Which of the following sets make the terminals of the torch cell?
38. Which of the following is the pure form of iron?
39. The trace metal present in insulin is
40. Which of the following metals can be extracted from casseterite?
41. Chocolates can be bad for health because of a high content of
42. Solder metal is an alloy of
43. At 30° C, which 3 metals are all liquids?
44. The first metal to be used by man was
45. Which one of the following does not contain silver ?
46. The term ‘Carat’ is used to express purity of gold. The purest form of gold is :
47. From which of the following ores can iron be extracted?
48. The metal compound commonly found in Sindoor or kumkum is based on
49. Which one of the following metals is used in fireworks to make brilliant white light?
50. Food cans are coated with tin but not with zinc becasue -
51. The planet Mars appears red in colour due to the presence of which of the following minerals?