Topicwise Questions - Legal G.K.
1. Who of the following is the Chancellor of the NALSAR University of Law located in Hyderabad?
- Governor of A.P.
- The Union Law Minister
- Chief Justice of A.P. High Court
- Solicitor General of India
2. Who is the Legal Advisor to the Government of a State in India?
- The Solicitor General
- The State Chief Legal Officer
- The High Court
- The Advocate General
3. With which of the following issues did D.K. Basu v. State of West Bengal deal with?
- Safeguards against sexual exploitation
- Safeguards for arrested persons
- Safeguards for children
- Safeguards for unorganized workers
4. The age of retirement of a Judge of a High Court in India is
- 58 years
- 60 years
- 62 years
- 65 years
5. In law, the term 'neighbour' means
- People who might be affected by your actions
- People who stay in your locality
- People who live adjoining to your residence
- The word has not been given any particular definition
6. In which of the following cases did the Supreme Court direct the compulsory registration of all marriages in India?
- Danial Latifi vs Union of India
- Ashok Kumar vs Union of India
- Seema vs Ashwini Kumar
- Sharda vs Dharampal
7. Which of the following principles is applicable for the purpose of reducing multiplicity of proceedings?
- Res getae
- Res interregnum
- Res judicata
- Res ispa loquitor
8. Which of the following best describes the legal phrase amicus curiae?
- let the buyer beware
- friend of the court
- at one's own risk
- on what authority
9. In which of the following cases did the Supreme Court for the first time lay down that Fundamental Rights have primacy over the Directive Principles of State Policy?
- Keshavananda Bharati vs State of Punjab
- A.K. Roy vs Union of India
- ADM Jabalpur vs Shiv Kant Shukla
- Minerva Mills vs Union of India
10. Which of the following writs can be used against a person believed to be holding a public office he is not entitled to hold?
- Quo Warranto
- Habaes Corpus
11. Which of the following is entrusted with a statutory duty of laying down the standards of professional conduct and etiquette for advocates in India?
- Supreme Court of India
- Bar Association of India
- Bar Council of India
- Delhi Bar Council
12. A person has designed a new type of scissors for cutting of clothes. Under which act can he seek protection of his invention?
- The Patents Act
- The Copyrights Act
- Consumer Protection Act
- Arms Control Act
13. Which of the following laws deal with intellectual property protection for horticultural products?
- Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers Rights Act
- Horticultural Products (Protection of Intellectual Property) Act
- Agricultural Patents Act
- Protection to Biological Innovations Act
14. Match the names of writs in List I with their meanings in List II.
|Type of Writ|
|Meaning of the word|
|1. Habeas Corpus||A. We Command|
|2. Mandamus||B. What is your authority?|
|3. Certiorari||C. You may have the body|
|4. Quo Warranto||D. To be certified|
- 1 - B; 2 - D; 3 - A; 4 - C
- 1 - B; 2 - A; 3 - D; 4 - C
- 1 - C; 2 - D; 3 - A; 4 - B
- 1 - C; 2 - A; 3 - D; 4 - B
15. Who among the following was the first person to be directly appointed as the Judge of Supreme Court?
- N Santosh Hegde
- Ghulam E Vanhavati
- Kuldeep Singh
- V.R. Krishna Iyer
16. What is the maximum time limit for filing of a complaint before the consumer disputes redressal forum from the date when the cause of action arises?
- one year
- two years
- three years
- four years
17. Under which law a minor is incapable of entering into contract?
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Majority Act, 1875
- Guardians and Wards Act, 1890
- Contract Labour ((Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970
18. Which of the following writs is said to be a guarantor of personal freedom?
- Quo Warranto
- Habaes Corpus