Topicwise Questions - Defence G.K.
1. From which of the following countries has India purchased the Pilatus PC-7 trainer aircraft
- United States of America
2. Admiral Gorshkov, the Soviet aircraft carrier imported by India is now named -
- INS Vikrant
- INS Vikramaditya
- INS Virat
- INS Vishaal
3. Which of the following organizations has Sarvatra Sarvottam Suraksha as its slogan?
- Border Security Forece
- Sikh Light Infantry
- Indian Air Force
- National Security Guard
4. At which of the following places is the Heavy Vehicles Factory located?
- 24 Paraganas
5. At which of the following places was a new officers Training Academy for training Army officers established in 2011?
6. Which of the following aircraft is the air-to-air refueller of the Indian Air Force?
- C – 17 Globemaster
- IIyushin - 76
- IIyushin - 78
- C – 130J Hercules
7. Which of the following is India’s first indigenously developed nuclear powered submarine?
- INS Vikrant
- INS Trikhand
- INS Arihant
- INS Sindhurakshak
8. Who of the following is the only Chief of Air Staff to be given the rank of Marshall of the Indian Air Force?
- Arjan Singh
- Subroto Mukherjee
- P.C. Lal
- O.P. Mehra
9. Indra series of exercises are jointly held biennially in the Indian Ocean by India and -
10. Which of the following corps deals with the supply of weaponry and ammunition to the Indian Army?
- Army Ordnance Corps
- Armoured Corps
- Army Supply Corps
- Corps of EME
11. Which of the following is home base of the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya?
12. At which of the following places is the Headquarters of South Western Air Command located?
13. Which of the following is the equivalent rank in Army of the Naval rank of Captain?
14. Who of the following was the Chief of Army at the time of Indo-Pak war of 1971?
- General PP Kumaramangalam
- Field Marshall SHFJ Manekshaw
- General JN Chaudhari
- General KS Thimayya
15. Which of the following was the first aircraft inducted by the Indian Air Force (then Royal Indian Air Force) in 1932?
- de Havilland Tiger Moth
- Westland Wapiti
- Supermarine Spitfire
- Fairchild Packet
16. The biennial joint multi-nation Naval exercise held in the Indian Ocean is named – (The exercise was recently held in February 2014)
- Yudh Abhyas
17. Who of the following was the first recipient of the Param Vir Chakra, gallantry award?
- Lance Naik Albert Ekka
- Havildar Abdul Hamid
- Major Shaitan Singh
- Major Somnath Sharma
18. Daulat Beg Oldie, a well-known airstrip for supply of provisions to the armed forces is located in -
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Andaman Islands