Topicwise Questions - Circulatory System
1. Which of the following are the possible blood groups of the offspring of the parents with blood group O and AB?
- O, A, B and AB
- A and B
- A, B and AB
- O and AB
2. White blood cells act
- as a defence against infection
- as source of energy
- for clotting blood
- as a medium for oxygen transport from lung to tissues
3. In which one of the following is extra blood stored and is released when shortage occurs?
- Adrenal gland
- Thyroid gland
4. The average life span of red blood corpuscles is about
- 100 - 200 days
- 100 - 120 days
- 160 - 180 days
- 150 - 200 days
5. From which one of the following chambers of human heart is the oxygenated blood pumped into aorta?
- Right atrium
- Right ventricle
- Left atrium
- Left ventricle
6. If the radius of blood vessels of a person decreases his/her blood pressure will
- remain unaffected
- increase for males and decrease for females
7. Insufficient blood supply in human body is referred as
8. Mineral impurities in blood are removed by
9. Between which one of the following sets of blood groups, is the blood transfussion possible?
- A and O (A donor)
- B and A (B donor)
- A and AB (A donor)
- AB and O (AB donor)
10. The pH of Human Blood is ___?
11. In the human body, red blood cells are produced in
- voluntary muscles
- bone marrow
12. Which is the anti-coagulant substance in blood?
13. What vessel carries the venous blood to the lungs for oxygenation?
- Pulmonary arteries
- Pulmonary veins
- Pulmonary arterio-venous shunt
- Right ventricle
14. When a child is born, what happens to its blood circulation?
- Its blood flows for the first time
- Its blood reverses its flow through the heart
- Its blood ceases to pass from one atrium to the other
- Its blood carries wastes for the first time
15. What is the approximate time required for a heart-beat ?
- 0.5 second
- 0.8 second
- 0.5 minute
- 1.0 minute
16. Ventricles are related to
- heart only
- brain only
- both ‘a’ and ‘b’
- none of these