Multiple Choice Questions - Buddhism
1. The largest Buddhist temple in the world is located in
2. The earliest Buddhist literature which deal with the stories of the various births of Buddha are
3. Among the following who was the personal physician of Gautam Buddha?
4. The Buddha delivered his first sermon, known as 'Turning of the wheel of law' at?
5. In Buddhism, what does Patimokkha stand for?
6. Where is Lumbini, the birth place of Gautama Buddha located?
7. Who among the following was contemporary of Gautam Buddha?
8. Where did Buddha attain Parinirvana?
9. The monk who influenced Ashoka to embrace Buddhism was
10. Mention the place where Buddha attained enlightment
11. In which of the following countries were Buddha's idols disfigured and removed a few years back?
12. What was the Kutagarashala - literally, a hut with a pointed roof?
13. Lord Buddha's image is sometimes shown with the hand gesture called Bhumisparsha Mudra. It symbolizes
14. With reference to the history of ancient India, which of the following was/were common to both Buddhism and Jainism?
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
15. In which State is the Buddhist site Tabo Monastery located?
16. Who was the teacher of Gautama Buddha?
17. What are the places which contain the relics of Buddha known as?
18. In which language were Buddhist literatures written?
19. Which country has the highest number of Buddhists in the world?
20. Vaishak Purnima or Buddha Purnima is celebrated every year to mark which of the following events of Buddha's life?
21. Buddha Vihars were used for :
22. Mahayan sect of Budhism emerged during the reign of :
23. In which country is the statue of 'Leshan Giant Buddha' located?
24. At which of the following places is the Dhamekh Stupa located?
25. Which state in India has the largest number of Buddhists?
26. During whose reign was the third Buddhist Council held?
27. Which of the following contain Buddhist teachings?
28. In May 2014, ASI (Archeological Survey of India) team visited which country to examine the authencity of Buddha's begging bowl (bhikshapatra) kept in a museum?