Multiple Choice Questions - Ancient Scholars and their Works
1. Amuktamalayada is a book written by
2. The book which gives an account of how Chandragupta Maurya overthrew the power of the Nandas with the help of Kautilya.
3. The book which deals with the history of Kashmir from the earliest times to 1150 A.D.
4. Prashnottar Ratna Malika, a treatise on eternal values of life in Hinduism has been authored by -
5. Who of the ancient Indian scholars calculated the exact value of pi?
6. The famed Betal Pachisi is a part of which of the following books?
7. Which of the following books is based on a story appearing in the beginning of Mahabharata?
8. Padmavat, the book on the life of Padmini, Queen of Chittor, is written by
9. The book which deals with the love plays of the Dark Lord Krishna and his fair beloved Radha.
10. Which of the following books has not been written by a king?
11. Which of the following books is a treatise on economics and politics written by Chanakya?
12. Who among the following was a Sanskrit grammarian and author of Ashtadhyayi?
13. Malavikagnimitra, a book based on the life of Agnimitra son of Pushyamitra Sunga, is written by
14. Who among the following is known as the ‘Father of Indian Medicine’?
15. Which of the following books is the foundational book of Sanskrit grammar?
16. He was an ancient Indian surgeon, also known as the ‘Father of Surgery’.
17. Which of the following books dwells upon various surgeries and surgical instruments?
18. Which of the author-book combination is not correct?
19. Who of the following is credited with the introduction of decimal system?
20. Which of the following is a collection of fables explaining the principles of life?
21. Which of the following books has not been written by Kalidasa?
22. Who among the following wrote ‘Mahabhashya’ a comment on Sanskrit book Ashtadhyayi?
23. Who among the following is the author of the book ‘Prithviraj Raso’?
24. Kamandaka's Nitisara is a contribution to:
25. The Lilavati of Bhaskara is a standard text on: