Multiple Choice G.K. Questions - Ancient Indian History
1. The Mathura school of art flourished during the reign of
2. Which one of the following travelers visited India during the Gupta period?
3. Hathigumpha inscription is attributed to which of the following emperors?
4. The illustrious names of Aryabhatta and Varahamihir are associated with the age of the
5. Gupta empire declined in the fifth century A. D. as a consequence of
6. During whose reign did the Gandhara School of art blossom?
7. The capital of Kosala kingdom was -
8. Bimbisara belonged to which of the following dynasties?
9. Who among the following foreigners was the first to visit India?
10. The Ajanta painting belongs to the
11. Which one of the following schools of sculpture thrived during the post-Ashokan period?
12. The Saka Era commenced in
13. Who of the following was a contemporary of Alexander the Great?
14. Whose achievements are recorded in the Allahabad Pillar inscription?
15. Which one of the following was an important port of the eastern coast during Gupta period?
16. The temple of Konark was built by Narasimha of the
17. Alexander, the Great invaded India during the rule of -
18. Alexander defeated Porus in 326 B. C. at the battle of :
19. Which among the following is the oldest dynasty?
20. Which rulers built the Ellora temples?
21. Who started the Saka Era which is still used by the Government of India?
22. The great silk-route to the Indians was opened by -
23. Aryabhatta, believed to have been born in the 5th century AD, was a most renowned scholar of
24. The Iron Pillar at Mehrauli in Delhi is believed to record the achievements of
25. The capital of Kalinga was