1. Jute cultivation in India is concentrated in the delta area of which of the following rivers?
2. Which of the following is the largest irrigation canal in India?
Indira Gandhi Canal
Sutlej Yamuna Link Canal
3. Which one of the following is the correct sequence in the decreasing order of production (in million tonnes) of the given foodgrains in India?
Wheat - Rice - Pulses - Coarse cereals
Rice - Wheat - Pulses - Coarse cereals
Wheat - Rice - Coarse cereals - Pulses
Rice - Wheat - Coarse cereals - Pulses
Answer (d). For 2011-12, the production for rice, wheat, coarse cereals and pulses has been 105.31, 94.88, 42.04 and 17.09 million tonnes respectively.
4. The eyes of potato are useful for
Protection from predators
5. What is Slash and Burn Agriculture?
method of sugarcane cultivation
process of deforestation
agriculture without irrigation
6. Rotation of crops means
growing of different crops in the same area in sequential seasons.
shifting of area of same crops.
growing two or more crops simultaneously to increase productivity.
alternating crops with fruits over a period of years.
7. The nitrogen present in the atmosphere is
of no use to plants
injurious to plants
directly utilized by plants
utilized through micro-organisms
8. Which is the largest cotton growing State in India?
9. The variety of coffee largely grown in India is -
10. Under which plan did the Government introduce an agricultural strategy which gave rise to Green Revolution?
Third Five-Year Plan (FYP)
11. Laterite soil develops as a result of-
Deposits of alluvial
Deposition of loess
Leaching of sedimentary rocks
12. What kind of soil is treated with gypsum to make it suitable for cropping?
Soil with excessive clay content
13. The United Nations General Assembly has declared 2013 as the International Year of ____
14. Which one of the following is known as a pseudocereal?
15. Besides Rabi and Kharif, which is the third crop season in India?
16. Kharif crops are harvested in -
June - July
October - November
May - June
March - April
17. Coating urea with which of the following has been found to increase the yield of crops?
18. Which one among the following agricultural crops/groups of crops may be grown in abundant in lowlands and river deltas of fertile alluvial soil where there is high summer temperature and rainfall varies’ from 180 cm to 250 cm?
Wheat and sugarcane
Maize and coarse crops
Rice, jute and tea
19. Which of the following crops would be preferred for sowing in order to enrich the soil with nitrogen?
Answer (d). Legume roots produce their own nitrogen, which is a major fertilizer nutrient needed by all plants for growth.
20. For which of the following is black soil not very suitable?
21. Extensive areas of grape cultivation in France are especially called
22. To which group does the black cotton soil of India belong?
23. Which of the following is a cash crop in India?
24. Which of the following is a salt tolerant rice variety grown in water-logged coastal regions of Kerala?
25. Which of the following is grown mainly on mountain slopes ?
26. Which one of the following is not a nitrogenous fertilizer ?
27. Which acid is used in the production of fertilizers?
28. Golden rice variety has been developed to combat the deficiency of -